Wednesday, November 21, 2007

51 old airport road Fried kway teow

Yesterday night, I headed out to this hawker center 51 old airport road to try out the Fried kway teow that it is renowned for. I saw two different stores selling what I am seeking, and both stores have newspaper reports on them.

Been always willing to sacrifice my waistline for the benefit of the readers and accompanied by a few brave souls, we decided to order from both stores, Lao fu zi kway teow and Lucky cooked food.













Nothing much to be commented on the service since we are the only customers at that time.


Since the one from lao fu zi came first, it is only fair to judge it first too.
The lime adds a rather unique favour to the familar dish of Fried kway teow and more than one of my buddies detect some alchol in the dish, which honestly speaking,I can't taste at all. But I do find this dish rather excellent and among the two, would be my preference.


Taste wise : 4/5
Value for money: 3/5 ($3)
RTF (return to food): 4/5


This Fried kway teow is from lucky cooked food, and to be perfectly honest with you, it is slightly sweet and have a slightly burned smell to it, but that doesn't mean that it is bad. A couple of my buddies compared it to Baw kua and really like this compared to Lao fu zi.
But screw em, since this is my blog and I am doing the reviews.


Taste wise : 3/5
Value for money: 3/5 ($3)
RTF (return to food): 3/5



Ahhh, but for all our efforts, we were rewarded with a gem in the end. Still feeling slightly peckish, I spied a dessert store and went to order the peanut Ice kachang and was pleasantly surprised by the generous amount of toppings I received. It could be that I am the last customer of that day or that the uncle like nubile strapping young dudes like us.













The Ice kachang is wonderfull, you have to eat it to describe it. It envelops your whole mouth with sweetness and the snow ice literally dissolves in your mouth. Very light, very tasty.
Thumbs up to that uncle.

Taste wise : 4.5/5
Value for money: 5/5 ($1.80
RTF (return to food): 4/5
Teach you peeps how to guage my review scoring system.
1 points: Taste like F*ck
2 points: Taste like crap
3 points: Okay lor, nothing unusual
4 points: Sell your soul for this
5 points: If you are required to suck Micheal Jackson's nose for this dish, just suck it.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home