Saturday, June 6, 2009

Is Photoshop and makeup+camera angle 45 degree tilt down a Necessary evil?

Hello ladies and gentlemen! Due to very busy schedule recently as I am trying to enjoy my youth, I haven been posting up any new articles. However, as I had insomnia and couldn’t sleep for the last 3 hours, I decided to write something that I may not have written if I was sober and sane. It is 7am btw, and the birds chirping outside my window is irritating the crap out of me. Only by writing, may lessen the need to grab any object at hand and flung it at the nearest blasted feathered pathetic excuse at the end of the dinosaur’s evolution path. How birds evolved into dinosaurs, I will always be curious but that is another tale for another day. Back to topic.

I am sure everyone of you have seen pictures of girls that are like woahhhhhh! The pictures they put in facebook or Friendster, is that of a adorable sweet young thing, looking coyly at the camera, with their head slightly tilted to an angle. In fact, many of those girls look just like models in the pictures! However, this being sad reality, means that most of the time, the girls in the picture would be lucky to look half as gorgeous.

I know of a particular lady(no, she may or may not be in my facebook, but even if she is, you won’t know who she is) who has shoulders broader than me, and is probably 20 kgs heavier than me (Around 90 kg). However, her expertise in using photoshop to edit her image, and her camera angle and tons of make up is able to make her look 30 kgs lighter. In the picture, her complexion is similar that of a baby by using bad lighting, and when taken from the trial and tested legendary 45 degrees pointed down, her chest and cleavage would be the envy of Pamela Anderson. Of course one would question her motives for posting such a provocative image online of herself. I had the misfortune of encountering her image when surfing hardwarezone forum, and got a rude shock when I saw that I knew the girl in the image. If the pictures of her posted were even 10% more provocative, and I am a braver man, I would have dug my eyeballs out.

One however, do have to admire the way the picture was set up, everything seemed to have been done by a professional photographer. And the photoshopping skills were even much more impressive, and to think I used to study multimedia too! I definitely can’t hold a candle to her in editing skills!

Of course, maybe some girls would be upset because I am using a lady in my example, but I have to state something here. If in this situation it is a guy who is taking camera angle shots of himself, photoshopping the pictures till he look like Andy Lau, I would also talk about him. Anyway I think the time wasted on using photoshopping should be used to lose weight or keep fit. At least you would be doing something. Showing everyone such a beautiful image of yourself wouldn’t change the fact that you are not actually doing anything to improve yourself. You would be cheating everybody plus yourself. The cheating part is what I really hate, and there is totally nothing wrong with not being totally gorgeous since I am not Brad Pitt nor Johnny Depp.

Last but not least, I didn't proof read this note at all, so confirm have grammar mistakes, and this is but a fictional story. Any resemblance to real people you may or may not know could be totally unintentional. Not sleeping makes me cranky.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home